Thursday, October 16

Unforeseen Circumstances


My friend called me the other night, yah “friend” would probably be the best word to describe him and the safest actually HAHA. He was just looking for someone to talk to and it’s glad to know that I’m included on his list of “someone to talk to”.



I haven’t had a conversation with him for about 3 to 4 months I guess, except for the casual HIs and HELLOs whenever we bumped into each other. I was confounded by the entire thing, though I consider him a friend; we’re obviously not in the a-friend-to-lean-on level. I don’t know if he only called me because he doesn’t have a choice, or I’m just the best option because I’m the person who can understand his situation, we kind of breathe the same air I think, but whatever his reasons are, the whole situation was personally, morally and spiritually elevating on my part, maybe I overreacted with that one.


It just so happened that these past few days I feel so down, like big time, to the point that I pity myself because I thought I am a worthless piece of soul, I feel that the people around me do not appreciate my presence and they always take me for granted, it’s not that I only want to be noticed and all I just want to feel that I’m at least special, then the “phone call” happened and it’s like the gates of heaven open up for me. I didn’t see that one coming.


“If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.”

― Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny 
 It just felt good, I know I’m weird sometimes but those simple things mean a lot to me. I feel valued.  I think all of us need to satisfy our greatest emotional need and that is to FEEL APPRECIATED.







No comments:

Post a Comment